Friday 12 March 2010

The Art of Letting Go


This applies in everything in general. Making things linger makes it even harder to give up. But for the sake of your sanity, among other things, you need to take this out of your system.

Right here, right now.

Quick and heartless… plain and simple.

I’m not talking about romance or anything…

I’m actually talking about VICES.

The best way to kick off the habit is to drop it then and there. However, this is easier said and done. I’d bet none of you asses can break a habit for about a week. This is because you’re thinking that what you’re doing is like a New Year’s Resolution. That shit will never work because we were trained to never make New Year’s Resolutions work! One suggestion is to create a crazy scenario to propel you from achieving what you’re set to accomplish. I call this the “Lesser Evil Approach”.

When I gave up smoking because I had a bout with pneumonia, I said to myself that “I will temporarily stop smoking and eventually I will return”.

I haven’t smoked a cigarette for almost nine months now.

When I gave up going to strip joints, I told myself I will continue to happily look at a naked woman but I will never let myself PAY to look at a naked woman.

It’s been over a year since I’ve been to a strip joint.

Get my drift?

I have yet to give up boozing.

Dammit, as if that’s going to happen.

4 comments:

  1. it takes real determination to stop from such habits =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree but as you grow old you know better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nobody said it was easy. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Us

What you’re about to see right now are my real-life experiences. I can’t say if my tips and theories work. That’s why you have the discretion to believe.

Total Pageviews