Tuesday 16 March 2010

How to use an unusable person so that your group thesis would get a perfect score.


When I was in college my friends and I were partnered up with a loner for our thesis. This person had her boyfriend tagging around with us everywhere we go. We hate it when the person and her BF get all mushy.

One day, we were at our adviser’s office to have our thesis checked when this person all of a sudden cried. This person got us in trouble by telling the prof she’s not getting any of the action. While we were open to suggestions, her suggestions… were basic and safe while the rest of the group wanted to stand out and NOT look normal. Our prof then demanded us to let her join the “fun”. We agreed… after me and my groupmates shouted and spurted foul language in our campus corridor. Being the guy that rarely gets pissed; I decided to “use” the person to our advantage. Since she’s the “obsessive-compulsive” type, we gave her all the data that we researched and she typed them. She facilitated our focus group discussions which she loved and we loathe (acting nice to people I don’t know is rarely in my vocabulary). Whenever we needed money, we’ll ask her FIRST and she’ll pretty much shoulder the budget (OC’s prefer to act important and most individuals hate shelling out huge chunks of money). We used her boyfriend as our errand guy and the more we used him to our advantage, the less visible he became which pretty much cured their over-mushiness.

The end result? We got a perfect score in our thesis.

The moral lesson: If you don’t want a person to destroy your plans, slave him/her to do things you don’t want to do.

2 comments:

  1. I also do this. Make the loner the source of all moolah. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not his fault that he has money! hehe!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

What you’re about to see right now are my real-life experiences. I can’t say if my tips and theories work. That’s why you have the discretion to believe.

Total Pageviews